Detecting Fraud in Organizations: Techniques, Tools, and Resourcesexplores the process of how people commit fraud, as well as how to prevent and stop fraud from occurring in your organization. The book also explains ways in which you can help guard against fraud by familiarizing yourself with its building blocks and methods used to perpetrate and conceal it.
In this book, you will learn:
- The personality traits of the fraudster
- Why principles and rules alone cannot exterminate all fraud
- What the people in your organization are really thinking
- How to catch a fraudster
- Understanding the accounting process
- Why auditors and accountants fail to detect fraud
Product DetailsCOPYRIGHT 2013
Hardcover, 384 PAGES
JOHN WILEY & SONS PUBLISHING
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Understanding Fraud: What Is Fraud, and Why Does It Continue to Happen?
- Chapter 2: Fraud Detection Approaches
- Chapter 3: Deciding to Commit Fraud: What Is the "Something" That Coerces People to Cross the Line?
- Chapter 4: How to Act Like a Fraudster: To Catch a Fraudster, You Need to Think Like One
- Chapter 5: The Dynamics of Business: Everything Is Related - from People to Processes to Outside Influences
- Chapter 6: Understanding the Accounting Process
- Chapter 7: It All Comes Down to Cash
- Chapter 8: Final Thoughts: Handy Tips and Quick Checklists for Reference