Uncovering Fraud with Advanced Financial and Ratio Analysis
Data analytics can be a valuable tool for fraud examiners. Examining important patterns in data allows you to understand what is occurring within an organization and also enables effective decision-making. Ratios and financial analysis are used by many professionals to analyze organizations’ performance and financial health. Moreover, they can also be used to help you identify the red flags of fraud.
In this course, you will learn about using ratios and other analytical techniques as tools for detecting all three categories of fraud: asset misappropriations, financial statement fraud and corruption.
Topics Covered Include:
- Different fraud schemes detected through ratio analysis
- Cash conversion cycle analysis
- Micro-level composition ratios
- Spending ratios
- DuPont Model and multiple-ratio scores to detect fraud
- Other types of financial and ratio analysis
- Nonfinancial data in fraud detection
A solid understanding of the creation of and relationships between an organization’s financial statements and records.
Table of Contents
|Ratio Analysis and Fraud Detection
|Financial Ratios - Part 1
|Financial Ratios - Part 2
|Financial Ratios - Part 3
|Using Multiple-Ratio Scores to Detect Fraud
|Other Types of Financial and Ratio Analysis
|Using Nonfinancial Data in Fraud Detection
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy