COSO and the ACFE Publish Fraud Risk Management Guide
To provide best-practices guidance for organizations to follow, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) partnered with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) in 2016 to create the Fraud Risk Management Guide. The joint report is designed to aid organizations in effectively establishing an overall fraud risk management program. It specifically identifies how they can:
- Establish fraud risk governance policies
- Perform a fraud risk assessment
- Design and deploy fraud prevention and detection control activities
- Conduct fraud investigations
- Monitor and evaluate the comprehensive fraud risk management program
We have sold out of the Fraud Risk Management Guide, but copies may still be available through the AICPA here.
Free Executive Summary
The Executive Summary provides a high-level overview of the guide and is intended for boards of directors and senior management. It explains the benefits of establishing strong anti-fraud policies and controls.