Fraud is widespread in the construction industry due to the amount of money required, the number of parties involved and the overall complexity of construction projects.
In this course, you will learn about the industry’s most prevalent fraud schemes and strategies for their prevention and detection.
- How the diversity of the construction industry leads to increased instances of fraud
- Strategies to detect and prevent construction fraud
- Common construction industry fraud schemes
- Fraud risks during the construction process
Table of Contents
|Lesson 2||The Perpetrators|
|Lesson 3||The Construction Process|
|Lesson 4||Construction Contracts|
|Lesson 5||Change Orders|
|Lesson 6||Right to Audit|
|Lesson 7||The Procurement Process|
|Lesson 8||Bid Rigging Schemes|
|Lesson 11||Asset Misappropriation|
|Lesson 11||Other Common Schemes|
|NASBA Information:||Specialized Knowledge|
|Last Updated:||July 2022|
|Delivery Method:||QAS Self-Study|
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy