Ethical Theory for Fraud Examiners
As a fraud examiner, the decisions you make will be extremely important to your client or company, as well as to the individuals you might be called upon to investigate. Therefore, Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) are held to a high ethical standard. This course provides an explanation of ethics in general, as well as a discussion of several specific behavioral and ethical principles applicable to both organizations and individuals.
- How to identify an ethical decision problem
- A general comprehension of ethics
- Effects of various approaches to resolving ethical problems
- Factors that affect the actions of fraud examiners
- How to properly use the three principles of ethical decision making
Table of Contents
|What Is Ethics?
|Morality, Ethics, and Legality
|Means and Ends
|Values and Principles
|The Imperative Principle
|The Utilitarian Principle
|The Generalization Principle
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy