Fraud costs governments around the world trillions of dollars in damages each year. Because fraud prevention is less expensive and more effective than detection, the government should implement proactive measures to protect against fraud.
This course provides information relating to government fraud generally as well as information specific to the U.S. federal government. This course also explores key U.S. statutes (such as the Major Fraud Act and the Civil False Claims Act) and their relationship to fraud investigation and prosecution.
- The impact of fraud against the government
- Differences between fraud in the public and private sections
- Types of government fraud
- How and where to report certain incidents of fraud
Table of Contents
|False Claims and Statements
|Collusion Among Contractors
|Collusion Between Contractors and Employees
|Fraud in Entitlement Programs
|Other Types of Government Fraud
|Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy