The On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course features instructor-led video recordings that will guide you through the most important material and concepts covered on the CFE Exam, with the flexibility to watch on your own schedule.
- The On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course includes:2021 On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course: In this collection of more than 20 hours of on-demand video recordings, instructors John D. Gill, J.D., CFE, the ACFE’s Vice President – Education (who has been teaching the live course since 2006), and Jason Zirkle, CFE, the ACFE’s Training Director, will guide you through the most important material and concepts covered on the CFE Exam. Preview the introduction module to learn more.
- 2021 CFE Exam Review Course Workbook: This printed workbook, with more than 300 pages, supplements the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course by helping you focus more effectively on the important concepts using an outline format as you work through the modules within the course.
- 2021 CFE Exam Prep Course: This comprehensive tool will help you pass the CFE Exam. The CFE Exam Prep Course is a computer self-study course that prepares you for the exam while letting you study at your own pace.
- 2021 Fraud Examiners Manual: The anti-fraud profession’s body of knowledge is captured in the Fraud Examiners Manual, from which the CFE Exam is derived. Use this for more in-depth study of challenging topics. Includes a two-year subscription to the online Fraud Examiners Manual, plus the PDF format of the 2021 Fraud Examiners Manual.
- 2021 CFE Exam Prep Flashcard App: Familiarize yourself with the terminology and concepts covered on the exam with an app consisting of nearly 800 flashcards that complement the CFE Exam Prep Course. Android and iOS versions available. Visit ACFE.com/AccessFlashcardApp for instructions to download and access the app.
Previously purchased the CFE Exam Prep Course within the last two years? Call an ACFE Member Services Representative at (800) 245-3321 or +1 (512) 478-9000 for special pricing.
On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course - Course OutlineI. Introduction
- Introduction to this course and the CFE Exam – 41:13
- Interview Theory and Application – 102:04
- Data Analysis and Reporting Tools; Tracing Illicit Transactions – 83:10
- Planning and Conducting a Fraud Examination; Digital Forensics; Report Writing – 77:17
- Sources of Information; Covert Examinations; Analyzing Documents – 71:29
IV. Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- Overview of the Legal System; Individual Rights During Examinations – 80:35
- Criminal Justice System; Basic Principles of Evidence – 69:12
- Law Related to Fraud; Testifying – 65:04
- Civil Justice System; Securities Fraud; Money Laundering – 63:21
- Bankruptcy Fraud; Tax Fraud – 61:53
V. Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
- Cash Receipts; Theft of Intellectual Property; Consumer Fraud; Identity Theft – 87:14
- Accounting Concepts; Financial Statement Fraud – 75:29
- Fraudulent Disbursements; Payment Fraud – 52:24
- Cyberfraud; Corruption; Contract and Procurement Fraud – 92:09
- Inventory and Other Assets; Financial Institution Fraud; Healthcare Fraud; Insurance Fraud – 69:36
- Understanding Criminal Behavior; White-Collar Crime – 79:42
- Corporate Governance; Management’s Fraud-Related Responsibilities; Auditor’s Fraud-Related Responsibilities – 91:57
- Fraud Risk Assessment; Fraud Risk Management – 69:21
- Fraud Prevention Programs; ACFE Code of Professional Ethics – 74:02
- Question and Answer Session – 35:02
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is there a specific, scheduled time to watch the videos in the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course?
A: No, unlike the live, in-person CFE Exam Review Courses, this course is on-demand. It covers all four sections of the CFE Exam: Investigation, Law, Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes, and Fraud Prevention and Deterrence. You can choose which section you want to study and when you want to study it. The same goes for the individual modules contained within in each section. Each module covers one or more topics and lasts, on average, about one hour. You can complete this course in the order that works best for you whenever it is convenient to you.
Back to the TopQ: How long will I be able to access this course?
A: You will be able to access this course for two years from your purchase date or until you have passed the CFE Exam, whichever occurs first. At that time, the course will expire and you will no longer be able to access the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course or view the videos.
Back to the TopQ: Can I re-watch the videos?
A: Absolutely. One of the advantages of the on-demand format is that you can re-watch videos any time prior to your course expiring.
Back to the TopQ: Can I start the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course before I receive the printed workbook?
A: Yes, although you can view modules before the workbook arrives, being able to go back and review the printed materials is a great study tool.
Back to the TopQ: How do I access the course in my ACFE account?
A: You can access your course at any time by logging into your account at ACFE.com. Click on My Transactions, then the course name.
Back to the TopQ: Can I share the on-demand course with other people?
A: No. The On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course and all products included with the course cannot be shared with others. This is a single-user product.
Back to the TopQ: Will I receive CPE for viewing the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course?
A: The format of the course does not meet the requirements of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s (NASBA’s) definition of a self-study or live course. Therefore, we cannot issue NASBA-compliant CPE for this course; however, your local licensing body may still grant CPE. Please contact the organization in which you plan to claim CPE to determine if they grant CPE for completion of this course.
Back to the Top