Fraud examiners are grappling with ever-mounting quantities of data, but in today's volatile banking environment, paying attention to that data is more important than ever. Bank Fraud: Using Technology to Combat Losses examines the strategies and technology that you need to combat bank fraud.
The use of data analytics has become a necessary tool for financial institutions to protect themselves and their clientele. Bank Fraud will help you make the most of data intelligence and the applicable methods you can use to strengthen your defenses against fraudulent behavior. This book begins with a brief history of fraud detection in banking and definitions of key terms and then discusses the benefits of technology, data sharing, and analysis.
Other highlights of the book include:
- The challenges of fraud detection in a financial services environment
- The use of statistics, including effective ways to measure losses per account and ROI by product/initiative
- The 10 Commandments for tackling fraud and ways to build an effective model for fraud management
Product DetailsCOPYRIGHT 2014
Hardcover, 192 PAGES
JOHN WILEY & SONS
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Bank Fraud: Then and Now
- Chapter 2: Quantifying Fraud: Whose Loss Is It Anyway?
- Chapter 3: In God We Trust. The Rest Bring Data!
- Chapter 4: Tackling Fraud: The Ten Commandments
- Chapter 5: It Is Not Real Progress Until It Is Operational
- Chapter 6: The Chain Is Only as Strong as Its Weakest Link
- Chapter 7: Fraud Analytics: We Are Just Scratching the Surface
- Chapter 8: The Proof of the Pudding May Not Be in the Eating
- Chapter 9: The End: It Is Really the Beginning!