Technological advances have benefited our world in immeasurable ways, but there is an ominous flip side: our technology can be used against us.
Future Crimes provides a glimpse into the dark side of technological innovation and the unintended consequences of our connected world. Goodman charts a way out with clear steps we must take to survive what is unfolding before us. This book shows how we can take control over our own devices and harness technology’s tremendous power.
Product DetailsCOPYRIGHT 2015
Paperback, 608 PAGES
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Connected, Dependent and Vulnerable
- Chapter 2: System Crash
- Chapter 3: Moore’s Outlaws
- Chapter 4: You’re Not the Customer, You’re the Product
- Chapter 5: The Surveillance Economy
- Chapter 6: Big Data, Big Risk
- Chapter 7: I.T. Phones Home
- Chapter 8: In Screen We Trust
- Chapter 9: Mo’ Screens, Mo’ Problems
- Chapter 10: Crime, Inc.
- Chapter 11: Inside the Digital Underground
- Chapter 12: When All Things Are Hackable
- Chapter 13: Home Hacked Home
- Chapter 14: Hacking You
- Chapter 15: Rise of the Machines: When Cyber Crime Goes 3-D
- Chapter 16: Next-Generation Security Threats: Why Cyber Was Only the Beginning
- Chapter 17: Surviving Progress
- Chapter 18: The Way Forward