In order to protect your company from fraud, it is important to make sure you have a safe hiring program in place. "The Safe Hiring Manual: The Complete Guide to Employment Screening Background Checks for Employers, Recruiters, and Jobseekers" is a comprehensive blueprint for developing a safe hiring program for employers, human resources, security professionals, private investigators – anyone concerned about hiring safe and qualified workers. This book details how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process, significantly increasing an employer’s chance of avoiding the financial and legal nightmares of even one bad hiring decision.
- Effective use of applications, interviews and past employer checks as key hiring tools.
- Verify degrees and credentials, and how to legally obtain and use criminal records.
- Legal compliance issues, including the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) as well as EEOC, Patriot Act, Privacy, Sarbanes-Oxley, state law compliance, and other legal concerns.
- In-depth pre-employment background screening and investigative techniques.
- Information on how to identify terrorists and perform international background checks.
- How to audit the effectiveness of your current hiring program.
This book is an invaluable resource for any company concerned about potential losses due to fraud.
Product DetailsCopyright 2012
Paperback, 734 PAGES
Facts on Demand Press
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Due Diligence and Negligent Hiring
- Chapter 2: Discrimination and Privacy Laws
- Chapter 3: The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Chapter 4: State Laws for Background Checks
- Chapter 5: The Safe Hiring Program (SHP)
- Chapter 6: The S.A.F.E. System
- Chapter 7: AIR - The Application Process
- Chapter 8: AIR - The Interview Process
- Chapter 9: AIR - The Reference Process
- Chapter 10: What Is Pre-Employment Screening and Who Does It?
- Chapter 11: The Background Screening Industry
- Chapter 12: Selecting & Working with a Background Screening Company
- Chapter 13: A Criminal Record Primer
- Chapter 14: Where and How Employers Legally Obtain Accurate and Relevant Criminal Records
- Chapter 15: The Role and Legal Use of Criminal Records in Safe Hiring
- Chapter 16: The EEOC Guidance on the Use of Criminal Records by Employers
- Chapter 17: Credit Reports and Social Security Number Traces
- Chapter 18: Education and Credentials Verifications
- Chapter 19: Social Media Background Checks
- Chapter 20: Other Background Screening Tools for Employers
- Chapter 21: International Background Checks
- Chapter 22: Terrorist Database Searches and The Patriot Act
- Chapter 23: Drug Testing in the U.S.
- Chapter 24: Dealing with Fraud, Embezzlement, and Integrity
- Chapter 25: Workplace Violence
- Chapter 26: Additional Issues and Trends for Employers
- Chapter 27: Screening Temps, Vendors, Consultants, Independent Contractors & Volunteers
- Chapter 28: Employer Issues with IDs, ID Theft, and Privacy
- Chapter 29: Form I-9, E-Verify, and "After the Hire" Issues
- Chapter 30: Job Seeker Questions and Concerns about Background Checks
- Chapter 31: What Job Seekers Can Do about Identity Theft
- Chapter 32: Take the Safe Hiring Audit Test