Corporate Probation explores the increasing use of independent monitoring as a requirement contained in deferred prosecution agreements, civil and criminal settlements and administrative agreements involving contractor fraud or misconduct. Discover the reasons for requiring a monitor in a range of circumstances, including regulatory violations, false claims, bribery/kickbacks and procurement integrity issues. Also, learn how monitoring can be an effective mechanism for prosecutors and government agencies to ensure that contractor compliance problems have been effectively resolved and will not be repeated. Case studies illustrate how independent monitoring has been successfully used in a variety of industries and circumstances, including health care, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, construction and public works, anti-money laundering, environmental protection and research.
You will learn how to:
- Identify what independent monitors do and in what situations they can benefit federal, state, and municipal government agencies and law enforcement.
- Recognize past contractor performance problems and the methods the government uses to oversee contractor execution.
- Identify how independent monitors are selected; the methodologies they use to conduct their work; and how they issue their reports to the government.
- Recognize the challenges that an independent monitor may encounter.
- Recognize ways in which monitors can help government contractors and regulated entities develop effective internal controls and effective ethics and compliance programs that reduce risk; build public confidence; and demonstrate due diligence to government agencies, regulators, and law enforcement.
- Identify key elements of successful ethics and compliance programs.
ACFE Ordering and Return Policy
PRESENTER: ERIC FELDMAN, CFE, CIG
RECORDING DATE: MARCH 29, 2012
DURATION: 100 MINUTES
ADVANCED PREPARATION: NONE
FIELD OF STUDY: SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 2018
DELIVERY METHOD: QAS SELF-STUDY
ACFE On-Demand Webinar Courses Feature:
24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with Instant access, grading and printable certificate
The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
No additional shipping fees
Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
Free Adobe Flash Player
Speakers required for video sound