Shell companies are used to commit nearly every type of fraud, from simple billing fraud schemes to complex, multijurisdictional money laundering operations. In this course, you will learn how shell companies work, how they are used to commit fraud and how to investigate shell companies.
- What shell companies are, how they operate and how to create them
- Common red flags of shell companies
- Tools and methods for investigating fraud schemes involving shell companies
- Factors that have led to the rise of shell companies in international fraud schemes
- Insights into the Panama Papers and similar scandals
Table of Contents
|What Is a Shell Company?
|The Panama Papers and the Rise of Shell Companies
|How Shell Companies Are Used to Commit Fraud
|Red Flags of Shell Companies
|Investigating Shell Companies
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy