Identity theft is a common type of fraud that does not discriminate. Anyone can be targeted; the victim might be a college student, a retiree, a schoolteacher or a successful attorney. Even businesses can be victims of identity theft.
This course discusses the types of identity fraud and provides guidance to prevent you, your business or even your children from becoming victims of identity theft.
- Methods used by thieves to steal personal and business information including social engineering, pretexting and hacking
- Types of identity theft schemes including financial, insurance, medical and business
- Tips for preventing identity theft for individuals and businesses
- Actions to take if you have become a victim of identity theft
- Tips for educating employees to protect your organization from identity theft
Table of Contents
|Introduction to Identity Theft
|Methods and Types of Identity Theft Schemes
|How Identity Thieves Steal Information
|Identity Theft Prevention for Individuals
|Identity Theft Prevention for Businesses
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the final exam within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
ACFE Online Self-Study Courses
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn More about accessing your online self-study course
Learn More about online self-study courses and their features
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy