Money laundering is the act of taking criminal proceeds from their illicit origin in order to use them to perform legal (or further illegal) acts. In other words, money laundering is how criminals make their "dirty" money appear to be "clean."
No matter what the predicate crime is, money laundering is a "big business" for everyone from drug cartels and human traffickers to corrupt politicians and Ponzi schemers. Although the specific methods may differ from case to case, the overall basics are the same.
This course will explore the money laundering process in depth, as well as address common investigative techniques and tools available to law enforcement.
You Will Learn How To:
- Identify the stages of the money laundering process
- Analyze common money laundering methods and schemes, including several case studies
- Incorporate Bank Secrecy Act/FinCEN data into money laundering investigations
- Recognize front companies and other corporate vehicles often misused by money launderers
- Use common investigative techniques, statutes and other tools available to law enforcement to combat money laundering
ACFE Ordering and Return Policy
SPEAKER: JASON ZIRKLE, CAMS
DELIVERY FORMAT: GROUP INTERNET BASED
DURATION: 100 MINUTES
CPE credits for the archive (on-demand) webinars are eligible for ACFE CPE but are not NASBA compliant; your licensing body, however, may still grant CPE credit. Please contact the organization from which you plan to claim CPE credit to determine if it grants CPE hours for completion of this course via the online recording.
ADVANCED PREPARATION: NONE
FIELD OF STUDY: SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
DELIVERY METHOD: QAS SELF-STUDY
ACFE On-Demand Webinar Courses Feature:
24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with Instant access, grading and printable certificate
The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
No additional shipping fees
Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
Free Adobe Flash Player
Speakers required for video sound