This webinar will address the applicability of cybersecurity and fraud risk management practices to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), in light of the continued growth of the global economy, the increased ease of international commerce, and the fraud risks that are posed even to smaller businesses. With a focus on SMEs, this webinar will examine the key risks that are faced by these organizations and how they can fight cybersecurity and fraud risks with relatively simple risk management programs. Since small businesses do not have access to the same resources as large enterprises, this focuses on best practices that combine principles from the business management, finance, cybersecurity, and fraud disciplines.
You Will Learn How To:
Who Should Attend:
- Identify the key risks that small and medium-sized businesses face in the global economy
- Recognize the warning signs of fraud and cybersecurity gaps at small and medium-sized businesses
- Discern best practices for preventing and detecting fraud and cybersecurity issues at small and medium-sized businesses
- Uncover how to best address cybersecurity and fraud risks with owners and decision makers at small and medium-sized businesses
- Certified Fraud Examiners and other anti-fraud professionals
- Law enforcement officers and prosecutors
- Internal and external auditors, CPAs, CAs and forensic accountants
- Attorneys, legal professionals and law enforcement personnel
- Educators and students
ACFE Ordering and Return Policy
ADAM K. ABPLANALP, CFE, CPA, CIA
THE COBALT GROUP, INC.
PRESIDENT AND CEO
ADAM K. ABPLANALP IS AN EXPERIENCED RISK MANAGEMENT, FINANCE, AND ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONAL WITH A WIDE RANGE OF EXPERIENCE IN BANK INTERNAL AUDIT, ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND FRAUD-RELATED ROLES.
ABPLANALP FOUNDED THE COBALT GROUP, INC. IN 2015, AND CURRENTLY SERVES AS ITS PRESIDENT AND CEO. THE COBALT GROUP, INC. IS A CPA FIRM WITH OFFICES IN PORTLAND AND SALEM, OREGON, AND VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON, WHICH PRIMARILY SERVES SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESSES WITH A FOCUS IN THE REAL ESTATE AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT INDUSTRIES. THE FIRM PROVIDES A WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES INCLUDING ACCOUNTING, TAX, AND BUSINESS ADVISORY. THE COBALT GROUP, INC. ALSO PROVIDES BUSINESS CONSULTING, OPERATIONAL AND FRAUD RISK MANAGEMENT, AND INFORMATION SECURITY SERVICES TO FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND FINANCIAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES. ABPLANALP’S BACKGROUND INCLUDES EXTENSIVE SERVICE AS AN INTERNAL AUDITOR, EXPERIENCE MANAGING THE FRAUD RISK MANAGEMENT FUNCTION FOR THE LARGEST BANK IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST, AND A VARIETY OF DUTIES INCLUDING OPERATIONAL AUDIT, RISK MANAGEMENT, AND IT SECURITY RISK ASSESSMENT.
ADVANCED PREPARATION: NONE
FIELD OF STUDY: SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 29, 2019
DELIVERY METHOD: QAS SELF-STUDY
ACFE On-Demand Webinar Courses Feature:
24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with Instant access, grading and printable certificate
The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
No additional shipping fees
Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
Free Adobe Flash Player
Speakers required for video sound