In this archived webinar, you will learn about three fraud cases detected by internal audit, each of which led to criminal prosecution. You will discover what occurred, what opportunities existed that allowed the fraud to occur and the related fraudster behavior. Additionally, you will learn about the final outcome and how each of the frauds were detected, investigated and resolved.
- Lima, Peru: A $5 million materials theft that was concealed through capitalization
- Adelaide, Australia: A kickback scheme involving inferior materials for critical parts of a drilling rig, resulting in the death of an employee
- Phoenix, Arizona: An asset misappropriation/theft of funding for federally funded community programs run by a church
You Will Learn How To:
- Recognize effective preventive controls to implement based off real life examples.
- Recall red flags that indicate fraud schemes occurring.
- Identify the various types of fraud schemes committed.
ACFE Ordering and Return Policy
MARY BRESLIN, CFE, CIA
RECORDING DATE: SEPTEMBER 28, 2017
DURATION: 100 MINUTES
ADVANCED PREPARATION: NONE
FIELD OF STUDY: AUDITING
LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 2019
DELIVERY METHOD: QAS SELF-STUDY
ACFE On-Demand Webinar Courses Feature:
24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser
Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with Instant access, grading and printable certificate
The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
No additional shipping fees
Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
Free Adobe Flash Player
Speakers required for video sound