CFE Exam Prep Course+
The CFE Exam Prep Course+ features instructor-led video recordings that will guide you through the most important material and concepts covered on the CFE Exam, with the flexibility to watch on your own schedule.
The CFE Exam Prep Course+ includes six invaluable study tools
This comprehensive tool will help you pass the CFE Exam. The CFE Exam Prep Course is a computer self-study course that prepares you for the exam while letting you study at your own pace.
In this collection of more than 20 hours of on-demand video recordings, instructors John D. Gill, J.D., CFE, the ACFE’s Vice President – Education (who has been teaching the live course since 2006), and Jason Zirkle, CFE, the ACFE’s Training Director, will guide you through the most important material and concepts covered on the CFE Exam. Preview the introduction module to learn more.
The anti-fraud profession’s body of knowledge is captured in the Fraud Examiners Manual, from which the CFE Exam is derived. Use this for more in-depth study of challenging topics.
This slidebook, with nearly 150 pages, contains every slide used in On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course that you can add notes to while viewing the lectures and refer back to once you’ve completed the course to refresh your memory before taking the CFE Exam.
This workbook, with nearly 300 pages, supplements the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course by helping you focus more effectively on the important concepts using an outline format as you work through the modules within the course.
- Introduction to this course and the CFE Exam – 45:39 (minutes)
- Interview Theory and Application – 108:36 (minutes)
- Data Analysis and Reporting Tools; Tracing Illicit Transactions – 89:52
- Planning and Conducting a Fraud Examination; Digital Forensics; Report Writing – 87:24
- Sources of Information; Covert Examinations; Analyzing Documents – 81:24
- Overview of the Legal System; Individual Rights During Examinations – 85:15 (minutes)
- Criminal Justice System; Basic Principles of Evidence – 84:14
- Law Related to Fraud; Testifying – 72:56
- Civil Justice System; Securities Fraud; Money Laundering – 64:57
- Bankruptcy Fraud; Tax Fraud – 93:13
IV. Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- Cash Receipts; Theft of Intellectual Property; Consumer Fraud; Identity Theft – 94:51 (minutes)
- Accounting Concepts; Financial Statement Fraud – 98:17
- Fraudulent Disbursements; Payment Fraud – 71:17
- Cyberfraud; Corruption; Contract and Procurement Fraud – 94:38
- Inventory and Other Assets; Financial Institution Fraud; Healthcare Fraud; Insurance Fraud – 92:37
V. Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
- Understanding Criminal Behavior; White-Collar Crime – 70:07 (minutes)
- Corporate Governance; Management’s Fraud-Related Responsibilities; Auditor’s Fraud-Related Responsibilities – 84:18
- Fraud Risk Assessment; Fraud Risk Management – 75:25
- Fraud Prevention Programs; ACFE Code of Professional Ethics – 74:57
- Question and Answer Session – 47:44
- CFE Exam Prep Course (Online)
- On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course (Online)
- CFE Exam Review Course Workbook (PDF)
- CFE Exam Review Course Slidebook (PDF)
- CFE Exam Prep Flashcard App (Mobile App)
- Fraud Examiners Manual (Online)
- Fraud Examiners Manual (PDF)
- Everything in the Digital format option, plus
- CFE Exam Review Course Workbook (Printed)
- CFE Exam Review Course Slidebook (Printed)
Is there a specific, scheduled time to watch the videos in the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course?
No, unlike the live, in-person CFE Exam Review Courses, this course is on-demand. It covers all four sections of the CFE Exam: Investigation, Law, Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes, and Fraud Prevention and Deterrence. You can choose which section you want to study and when you want to study it. The same goes for the individual modules contained within in each section. Each module covers one or more topics and lasts, on average, about one hour. You can complete this course in the order that works best for you whenever it is convenient to you.
Will my subscription renew automatically?
No, once your subscription has expired, you will simply lose access to the Prep Course+. Your credit card will not be charged a second time.
Can I re-watch the videos?
Absolutely. One of the advantages of the on-demand format is that you can re-watch videos any time prior to your course expiring.
How long will I be able to access the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course?
You will be able to access this course for one year from your purchase date or until you have passed the CFE Exam, whichever occurs first. At that time, the course will expire and you will no longer be able to access the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course or view the videos.
Can I share the on-demand course with other people?
No. The On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course and all products included with the CFE Exam Prep Course+ cannot be shared with others.
Will I receive CPE for viewing the On-Demand CFE Exam Review Course?
The format of the course does not meet the requirements of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s (NASBA’s) definition of a self-study or live course. Therefore, we cannot issue NASBA-compliant CPE for this course; however, your local licensing body may still grant CPE. Please contact the organization in which you plan to claim CPE to determine if they grant CPE for completion of this course.
Limit of one per member. Please call an ACFE Member Services Representative at (800) 245-3321 or +1 (512) 478-9000 to purchase Prep Course+ bundles for multiple members.
All “(Online)” and “(PDF)” products come with a one-year subscription. See FAQs for additional information about subscriptions.
Previously purchased a CFE Exam Prep Course?
Please call an ACFE Member Services Representative at (800) 245-3321 or +1 (512) 478-9000 to upgrade to the CFE Exam Prep Course+.
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy