Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program
The Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program will provide you with the basic knowledge you need to become a more valuable asset in your company’s fight against fraud, even if you have limited or no anti-fraud training or experience.
This certificate program is designed for individuals who may not possess extensive anti-fraud experience. While it does not replace the Certified Fraud Examiner credential, this program equips you with essential knowledge to recognize and address fraud risks.
To earn this certificate, you will need to complete 8 of the 13 courses available in the program. Our program gives you the flexibility to customize your learning experience by allowing you to choose the courses that will provide you with the information most relevant to your interests, your job and your organization’s anti-fraud efforts.
After completing the program and earning your certificate you will receive a digital badge that is a secure means of storing, publishing and promoting your accomplishment online. Learn more about ACFE certificate program digital badges.
This program might be right for you if:
- Your role occasionally deals with fraud, but it’s not the focus of your job.
- You have no previous anti-fraud training or experience.
- You’ve had some anti-fraud training in the past, but you’d like an overview of the most up-to-date anti-fraud concepts.
- You’re interested in switching to an anti-fraud career.
- You’ve seen how fraud has destroyed companies, how their employees lost their entire life’s savings and you want to be proactive in preventing this from happening at your company.
- You work in a job or department that involves a high risk of fraud.
- You're not ready or eligible to take the CFE Exam.
The Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program contains the following courses
- Fraud Examination 101
- Fundamentals of Financial Investigations for Non-Financial Professionals
- Interviewing Witnesses and Suspects
- Introduction to Asset Misappropriation
- Introduction to Bribery and Corruption
- Ethical Issues for Fraud Examiners
- Fraud Prevention
- Introduction to Contract and Procurement Fraud
- Introduction to Financial Statement Fraud
- Legal Issues in Fraud Examinations (International Edition)
- Legal Issues in Fraud Examinations (U.S. Edition)
- Report Writing
- Sources of Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program a replacement for becoming a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)?
The Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program is designed to provide individuals with limited or no anti-fraud knowledge or experience with an understanding of fundamental anti-fraud concepts that will allow them to contribute to their organization's fight against fraud and demonstrate their professional commitment with the goal of obtaining new career opportunities.
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is designed to recognize trained professionals who posses a unique set of diverse skills in preventing, detecting and investigating fraud. To earn the CFE credential, you must meet eligibility requirements and complete the significant undertaking of passing the rigorous CFE Exam. Completing an ACFE certificate program does not count toward meeting the eligibility requirements to become a CFE.
How can I promote that I’ve earned the certificate after completing the program?
Upon completing the program, you will receive a certificate of completion that you can download and share. Within 5-7 business days you will also receive a digital badge that you can add to your LinkedIn profile. Learn more about the digital badge.
Will I earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits for completing the Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program?
While the Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate Program is not specifically designed to provide CPE, to earn this certificate, you will need to complete 8 online self-study courses chosen from a catalog of 13 courses. CPE credits will be provided upon completing the individual courses with the certificate program. Depending on which courses you select, you will earn 18-23 NASBA-approved CPE credits.
How long will I have to complete the certificate program?
You will have one year from your purchase date to complete the certificate program. After one year from your purchase date, you will no longer be able to access the certificate program or the individual courses contained with the certificate program.
Does the certificate expire?
The certificate does not expire. Once you've earned it, you have it for life.
What do I need to do to maintain the certificate?
Unlike the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential which does have requirements to be maintained, the Anti-Fraud Fundamentals Certificate does not require maintenance.
ACFE Certificate Programs
- Receive a digital badge you can display on your LinkedIn profile
- 24/7 access to certificate programs through your Internet browser
- Save time with instant access, grading and printable certificate
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off
- No additional shipping fees
Learn about accessing your course.
- Internet access: High-speed connection recommended
- Speakers required for video sound
Ordering and Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with any ACFE product, you may return it to us, provided it is in excellent condition, for a full refund of the item minus the cost of shipping. Toolkits and bundles may only be returned as a complete set.Ordering & Returns Policy