Participation in a committee is voluntary but does come with responsibilities and commitments that the ACFE expects volunteers to meet. The following guidelines are meant to serve as an indication of the commitment to participate in a committee. Actual requirements may vary among committees.
- Honor minimum time commitments for the committee and position (outlined in committee description).
- Adhere to the committee description policies and procedures.
- Listen to, and fully consider other opinions or points of view.
- Demonstrate professionalism and teamwork.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively on a geographically dispersed team.
- Accept direction from appropriate level of leadership, whether volunteer or staff.
- Adhere to ethical behavior.
- Abstain from promoting personal agendas, proprietary methodologies or other self-serving, political, or commercial purposes.
- Demonstrate integrity and act within the established protocols.
- Maintain confidentiality (when appropriate) regarding the work and work products of the committee.
- Ensure the requisite level of knowledge and expertise to accomplish the assigned tasks, or inform the team leader in a timely manner if additional guidance or help is required.
Required Skills and Access
Volunteers must possess the following to be considered for a committee position:
- Access to email, internet and phone.
- Skill in written and spoken English language.
While the above are general capability requirements, the ACFE and Board of Regents may impose other capability requirements for specific positions within a committee.
Volunteers can expect:
- Clear communication of the time and extent of their involvement in the committee.
- Assignment of clear and concise goals to achieve committee recognition and appreciation.
- Professional development.
- Networking opportunities.
The application process opens every year on October 1. The committee appointments will be approved in February. Additional opportunities are available and applications from the previous year are kept for consideration for any task force or ad hoc committees that may be appointed.
Learn more about the committees and find the one that best matches your interests.
Volunteers are vital to achieving the goals of the ACFE. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.