Proof of Education
Below are the acceptable documents of education from an institution of higher learning:
- A photocopy of transcripts, diploma or certificates for any degrees earned. Documentation must show your name, the degree type and date earned.
- A letter from the registrar of your academic institution verifying your degree including your name and date completed.
- A photocopy of transcripts showing your name, the dates of attendance and total number of credits or hours obtained.
- Verification of your degree and/or attendance using our free online service, DegreeVerifySM provided by National Student Clearinghouse.
Advisory transcripts are not accepted.
Proof of Experience
Below are the details that you must submit for each job you are claiming as experience on your application:
- Job title(s)
- Length of service
- Detailed description of responsibilities
- Percentage of time spent in fraud-related work
Professional Recommendation Forms
Three professional recommendation forms are required with your application.
To ensure the integrity of the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential, all candidates must be of good moral character and a strong addition to the anti-fraud profession.
Professional recommendations must be completed by individuals who have worked closely with you in a professional environment or professional capacity (i.e., past or current co-workers, managers or supervisors). For student members, we accept recommendations from a current or past professor to complete the exam application. However, before you are certified, you will need to provide at least one recommendation from a professional working relationship.
Individuals completing recommendations do not have to be CFEs. Professional recommendations are valid for three years from the date they are signed.
There are two options to submit your professional recommendations online in the Certification Portal.
Submit Online Recommendation - Use this option to submit a request to your recommender to complete a recommendation on your behalf. If this option is chosen, an email will be sent to the individual with a link to complete an online form. When your recommender completes the form, it will automatically be saved directly to your application portal.
Upload Scanned Recommendation - Use this option when you already have in your possession a completed digital or hard copy of the recommendation form to upload to your application.
Submit your documents to the Certification Portal. All documents must be written in English or translated into English.
If you are unable to apply online, download the CFE Exam application and submit it by mail or email. For applications submitted by mail, fax or email, please allow an additional 7-10 business days for processing.