August 29, 2019 | 2:00 p.m. ET
Duration: 100 minutes
CPE Credit: 2
Description: This webinar will address the applicability of cybersecurity and fraud risk management practices to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), in light of the continued growth of the global economy, the increased ease
of international commerce, and the fraud risks that are posed even to smaller businesses. With a focus on SMEs, this webinar will examine the key risks that are faced by these organizations and how they
can fight cybersecurity and fraud risks with relatively simple risk management programs. Since small businesses do not have access to the same resources as large enterprises, this focuses on best practices that combine principles from the business
management, finance, cybersecurity, and fraud disciplines.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Knowledge of basic cybersecurity and fraud risk management concepts
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Format: Group Internet Based
You Will Learn How To:
Who Should Attend:
- Identify the key risks that small and medium-sized businesses face in the global economy
- Recognize the warning signs of fraud and cybersecurity gaps at small and medium-sized businesses
- Discern best practices for preventing and detecting fraud and cybersecurity issues at small and medium-sized businesses
- Uncover how to best address cybersecurity and fraud risks with owners and decision makers at small and medium-sized businesses
- Certified Fraud Examiners and other anti-fraud professionals
- Law enforcement officers and prosecutors
- Internal and external auditors, CPAs, CAs and forensic accountants
- Attorneys, legal professionals and law enforcement personnel
Educators and students
Adam K. Abplanalp CFE, CPA, CIA
President and CEO
The Cobalt Group, Inc.
Adam K. Abplanalp is an experienced risk management, finance, and accounting professional with a wide range of experience in bank internal audit, enterprise risk management, risk assessment, and fraud-related roles.
Abplanalp founded The Cobalt Group, Inc. in 2015, and currently serves as its President and CEO. The Cobalt Group, Inc. is a CPA firm with offices in Portland and Salem, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington, which primarily serves small and medium-sized
businesses with a focus in the real estate and property management industries. The firm provides a wide range of services including accounting, tax, and business advisory. The Cobalt Group, Inc. also provides business consulting, operational and fraud
risk management, and information security services to financial institutions and financial technology companies. Abplanalp’s background includes extensive service as an internal auditor, experience managing the fraud risk management function for the largest
bank in the Pacific Northwest, and a variety of duties including operational audit, risk management, and IT security risk assessment.
ACFE webinars are unmatched in scope and effectiveness and backed by our unconditional satisfaction guarantee. If you participate in an ACFE event and are not completely satisfied, please contact an ACFE Member Services Representative at memberservices@ACFE.com or call (800) 245-3321 / +1 (512) 478-9000.